To be honest, the team over at Buzzfeed beat us to the punch with this incredible post they put up earlier this month highlighting the best parts of Fun Fun Fun Fest. So, even though we’re late to the party, we bring you our list of six reasons, past present and future, to make sure you know what a great ideas it is to get tickets for the 8th annual installment of Fun Fun Fun Fest. For those who are just here for the contest scroll on down to the contest entry form at the bottom of this post.
1. The Nites are FREE! (with a pass) And this year they’ll feature Kurt Vile, Fat Tony, Sarah Silverman, The Men, and Tenacious D. Full lineup information for Nites here.
2. Fun Fun Fun Fest is a total experience: the skate ramps, the crazy wrestling ring in the middle of the park, the cool weather, the scenery of Austin’s skyline from Auditorium Shores, and of course, incredible music. It’s more enjoyable than any festival I’ve ever attended, and that’s an honest personal testimony.
3. The stages are color-coded, genre oriented, and are about the music. In other words, garish and obnoxious stage names branded with companies don’t exist here. See who’s playing which stages here.
4. Last year, Val Kilmer made a surprise appearance along with Rooney Mara to perform onstage with The Black Lips for some supposed filming for a Terrence Malick film. There’s something you don’t see at every music festival. Photographic evidence to the right. We don’t need to remind you that the year before last, Ryan Gosling showed, right?
5. Tickets are only 179 for a three day pass. Who wouldn’t pay a third less than ACL to see a lineup that’s three times as good? Get on the tickets, Austin.
6. Television is playing this year. Television. And done.
To be entered to win a pair of 3-day passes:
1) Re-tweet this tweet right here.
2) Fill out the form below. We will not share your email. We send email updates less than once per month.